When do you start putting up Christmas decorations?

I saw a house on Monday that had tons of Christmas lights in their yard already! Crazy, but love it.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• We start the day after Thanksgiving. The only homes around here that start before that are the ones that go all out with thousands of lights. They dont light it until the day after Thanksgiving but they start putting them up in Oct.
    tntmomof2

Answer by tntmomof2 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• After Thanksgiving is when we start. Just can't resist the temtations of the Christmas Spirit.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• After Thanksgiving. Growing up we waited until a week before Christmas because my mom and my brother have December birthdays and we wanted their birthdays to be separate from Christmas.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. If I put them up before that I get tired of them by Christmas.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I've already started putting some things up. I bought a light up hippo and flamingo at Target and I was too excited to wait!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would like to Sat after Thanksgiving
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We usually put up Christmas decorations the first week of December.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• usually after thanksgiving, but in michigan i have noticed that the old people before they go south they put theres up before they leave and have it on the timer.. i know when i met my husband he had christmas light on the house all year around cause he was too lazy and busy with work to take them down.. it just depends on the people and if you want to do when, if it snows .
    Levink_08

Answer by Levink_08 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• first or second week of Dec
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Sometime in the middle of December. Then we take them down soon after Christmas.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010