how do you cook a roast?

how do you make a roast? i have never made one before?!

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Roast what?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• In the crock pot. We usually do a rump roast with a can of mushroom soup, packet of dry onion soup, and then later add some potatoes and carrots.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I make mine in the crockpot. Just put the roast in first and then add your veggies.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• What are you roasting? 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Put it in the crock pot with some broth, onions, pts, and carrots. Cook on low or high depending when you want it done. I mean you can cook it in the oven with an oven bag,carrots, pts are fine. My mom cooks hers with some water on the stove till tender. I just recommand the crock pot cause put it in and its done plus more tender this way than the other ways.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• if you do it right you can bake it but most people nowadays just crock pot it with onions and potatoes and carrots and some beef bullion cubes for flavoring.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 2:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my mom usually does it in the crock pot...but im not sure how long she cooks it for....i wish i could be more helpful...
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I throw mine in a crock pot with everything in there on low and cook all day =) just had it the other day lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• crock pot, it's so simple that way. just put it in with a little of whatever your family likes. ill add onions, potatoes, carrots, sometimes celery, sometimes diced tomatoes, beef or chicken or even vegetable broth, garlic,
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Crock pot. I make pork or beef roasts by putting peeled whole potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the crock pot, put the roast on top of the veggies, pour in about 2 cups of stock, and then I put on the seasoning. I sometimes use a packet of lipton onion soup mix, but lately I've been doing Mrs Dash Southwestern Chipotle seasoning. Put the lid on and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010