how does your 2 year old show sad and mad emotions?

lately, my 22 month old "skulks" to her room over the slightest thing. it is actually really sad to watch. even if it's just a "no, you cant have milk right now" type of thing, the word no gets her to lower her head, and walk ever so slowly to her room and sit in her bed. it's like watching a child crumble over their puppy running away or something. and then, with the flip of a switch, she'll come out and be fine. is this normal? i've worried lately about her as she did suffer a brain injury as a baby. every little thing that she does differently than my first gets me thinking twice. i know it's not right to compare kids, though.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good question! My 2 yr old daughter is soooo sensitive! She will cry at the drop of a hat and i cant help but feel sorry for the silliest thing she cries over. I just have to give in when she reaches out for a hug after I just scolded her and she buries her face in me with her weeping. It honestly touches my heart. But I cant say I have seen her angry with me as of yet!! She just gets so heart felt instead. With my son tho, her brother, she gets madddd when he bugs her lol. He is 4. She will scream and say NO!!!! She fights back with him and screams whatever words she can with him. Thats the only person I have seen her get angry with so far!
    2Kiddos2Sweet

Answer by 2Kiddos2Sweet at 3:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm sure every kid is different.... My son actually started TELLING me a couple of months ago (he's 26 months now). "I sad...", followed by the lower lip sticking out and him rubbing his eyes like he's crying (quite adorable, really). Or "I happy!", dancing around. Or "I MAD!" with the angry face and the foot stomping. He amuses me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have a 2 yr old dd and when she's sad she hangs her head and either whimers softly or cries. She does it more often when she's tired. I've learned that your tone of voice can sometimes predict theoutcome too. WHen she gets mad she yells and shrieks(if she's really mad) if she's just a little mad she will cover her face and vent lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• TOTAL MELT DOWN...AH my son drops his cup and covers his eyes or puts his fingers in his mouth when its a calm thing. When its more serious its screaming or throw himself out. Its truly frustrating, i try to stay calm so he doesnt evlevate but im seriously like ARE YOU KIDDING the world wont end because you can only get one cookie!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010