im feeling preasure

im 39 weeks pregnant and im starting to feel some preasure in my butt, does that mean i could be going into labor? im also getting some contractions that feel like a realy bad period but it doesnt hurt to much. last time i was at my Dr ap i was only 1cent dialated, do u think this preasure feeling means im a little more dialated now?

TeenMom17-Mszy

Asked by TeenMom17-Mszy at 3:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the pressure probably means your baby has dropped into position. how far dilated you are unfortunately says nothing about when the baby will come. you can be a 0 and have the baby that afternoon, or you can be 4 cm and not have the baby for 3 weeks
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I think u should probably go to the hospital and be checked to make sure as far as the dialating i dont know i have 4 but have never dilated but the pressure comes when ur baby drops into position,thats also how i knew i was in labor but if u r u should have discharge and painful pressure but i have to have c sections anyways.so i cant help u much with the labor and the dialating.but i would be checked just to be safe
    CiffsWife

Answer by CiffsWife at 5:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• For a lot of women that kind of pressure is a sign of labor. Walk around for a while and see if it gets worse if it does then, you're in labor.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Dropping!! I dropped and went into labor exactly one week later. When I had the "drop", I had to lie down for a while that day. Get ready for a baby! You probably are a little more dialated.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2008