How does/did your s/o feel about circumcision?

I just asked my s/o how he feels on the whole circumcision thing.. he said he sees NO reason why we would do that (even tho he is). I was so relieved, even though I knew we would have an intelligent conversation about it. Did any of you have disagreeing viewpoints on circumcision vs. no circumcision?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband, although circumsized himself, never even considered circumsizing any son we would have. Both our boys (now married men 28 and 30, one has a daughter) have told me that they are very grateful to be intact, that they never had any problems physically, socially or with personal doubts. One told me that a friend of his is LIVID with his parents for circumsizing him (something about the sensitivity of the foreskin enhancing the experience of making love - an important thing to a 20-year-old, lol ).
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Nah, we always agreed on the whole circumcision issue. My boyfriend isn't circumcised and he doesn't see a reason for it, and neither do I. I'm glad we're having a girl though...so we won't have to deal with it at all just yet ;D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• We agreed from the start. It was a must for us! I was the one that was a little weary but after doing the research I felt it was best!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my 1st son my husband was dead set agains circumcising. I did let my husband make the decision and I did back him up on it. I had read afew articles on it and I really could not see they need for doing it. After my son was born the pediatrician on call asked if we were going to have the procedure done and we said no. He said that he supported our decision, and told us that he had sons and they were not circumsised either. Husband and I have 3 boys now, and none of them have had it done.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My husband didnt get circumcised until age 6. It is a religious requirement for us, so its not even a discussion for us to do it with any future sons we may have.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yes, no questions asked. It makes things a whole lot harder for the guy (and llittle boy) who has to deal with foreskin. My husband went with my son to have it done in the nursery and he said that the worst part (for the baby) was having his arms and legs tied. They give them sugar water and put a local anesthietic on the penis, so they don't really feel anything. When they brought him back, he wasn't crying or anything.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I didn't see the point in it, my DH truly wanted it done for both our boys. Even though I was against it we had it done because it was so important to him to have it done. Hindsight is 20/20, if I had it to do over I would have fought harder to not have it done.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Religion and penises weird they go together. Non-circ men are clean and worthy, i promise. Why not let nature be! Glad, i'm a female, so you dont have to go in and cut off my genital skin for no reason!!!
    peppermintkathy

Answer by peppermintkathy at 8:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2008