Do you shop at Amazon?

and will you continue to after you see this?

I'm boycotting until they remove this. And that's saying something, since I swagbuck and get Amazon gift cards for free.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That's disgusting! I can't believe that they are selling that.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Obviously we've all read the title...but does any know what kind of advice it gives?

Pedophilia is a mental disorder...maybe it gives "sufferers" information on how to cope.

It seems silly that anyone, especially a major retailer, would sell a book that gave instructions on how to molest children without getting caught.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you have an issue with it, click the link at the bottom of the page and ask to have it removed. Boycott if you want, but reporting it is the better option.
    Anonymous

• Report it (I did!!) I love Amazon. Their customer service, ease of ordering - I'm not going to boycott a good site because someone made a serious error in judgment. Many bookstores sell books with content I don't agree with, I ignore it - or report it if it's really bad like this book.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That is sick.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That description is so vauge though...maybe one of those rules is not to touch, KWIM?

Believe me...i think it's creepy and i hate to be cliche but, you know, don't judge a book by it's cover. I would hate for them to remove a book (even if the title was fairly horrifying) if it might actually offer helpful information.

That being said, self-publishing usually means your book was so shitty no publisher's would pick it up
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• since I swagbuck

What is that??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It takes too long to get enough Swagbucks to earn one of those gift cards, ugh.

Anyway, complain to Amazon. If they get enough complaints, they will remove it.

As for me shopping there, yes I do. But I'm too broke right now, heh.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I LOVE swagbucks! Just used my bucks for a giftcard the other day :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• A friend of mine informed me that they have pulled the book this morning. While Amazon apparently will sell anything, if the people cause enough of an uproar, they'll take down what caused it. I don't think I can still shop at a place that will sell anything; there are reports that the author is self published. Gee, I wonder why?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010