Do girls really develope faster than boys?

For moms out there with boys and girls....was there a noticeable difference in when each gender hit milestones?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 4:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DS is 10 months older then my DD. As far as the baby milestones, I didn't noticed that much difference, my DD did something sooner, but my DS did something sooner, and with my girlfriends kids we just noticed that it really didn't matter, because her DD got things sooner then my DS and my DD got thing sooner then her DS. So it really was all relative.

Now that my kids are 7 and 6 years old they are loosing teeth. My DD (6 year old) who is younger has lost 7 teeth, but my DS (7 year old) has lost only 2. I've taken them to the dentist recently, for a routine check up, and my dentist asked again who was older, and I said DS by 10 months. He said that's what I thought, but by looking at their mouth you wouldn't know it. He said my DD mouth was more mature then my DS mouth. That's why my DD has lost 7 teeth and my DS has only lost 2.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• From what I've seen.... girls tend to develop communication skills sooner (language & vocabulary) and boys tend to develop gross motor skills sooner. Of course there are those who develop very much outside the avg.
    a.butler

Answer by a.butler at 4:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2008