at what age in the pregnancy wwas the doc able to see a sac?

Im extremely worried my LMP is oct. 3rd and my OB couldnt even see a sac i hope its just too early!

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It might still be too early... You'd only be at about 4-5 weeks right now. Are they checking your HCG levels?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• 3 months the babay could be hidden one of our kids it was difficult to find her but she was ther,,,, take a breath
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• So you are only approximately 5 weeks which means baby is actually closer to 3 weeks. I haven't ever had an u/s earlier than 6 weeks and they knew my levels were well above 2,000 (which is when you can def. see things), but I have read a lot of posts where there was nothing at 5 weeks but a week or two later there was.

Try to stay calm and I'm sure your doctor will be checking again in a week or so. Right now the most important thing is that your hcg levels are rising properly. Good luck I hope everything goes well. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I had a miscarriage and I have a 9 week old baby now and in both pregnancies the gestational sac was present at 4 weeks of pregnancy, heart beat at 6. But I knew exactly how many weeks I was because I was using the clear blue monitor trying to conceive. If you are not sure about your ovulation and conception date, that will make a big difference, you might not be as advanced in your pregnancy as you think!
    pochpolita

Answer by pochpolita at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I had a scan where the sac showed at 5wks but a heartbeat can't be seen on scan before 5 and half to 6 weeks at the earliest. Try to stay calm and good luck x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was 5 1/2 weeks when they saw a sac, but no baby yet. I had gone in a week earlier for one as well and they saw nothing.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i had a U/S at 4 weeks and there was a sac and small dot.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 3:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• the first time i had an ultrasound with both pregnancies. but it was so long ago i dont remember exactly. before the 10 week mark for sure.
    possummom

Answer by possummom at 4:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I had my first ultrasound when i was 5 weeks pregnant because of complications i was having, and they were able to see the sack. It might just depend on your body and how far along you actually are. =)
    MrsHacker07

Answer by MrsHacker07 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010