I'm not afraid to say it!

I DO expect gifts on my birthday and Christmas! I bust my ass year round for all these people. Doing favors for my mom,giving her rides,buying things for people that are too lazy to work for them. All the sleepless nights. The chores,the crying kid. The messes. All I ask is that 2 days out of the year they go out and get me something that for a brief moment makes it all worth it. Just something to put a smile on my face. Make me feel needed,wanted,and appreciated. And especially that they KNOW me,what i like,need.
Enough of this "oh its better to give than recieve". We do enough giving. Its time for momma to get for once!
Who's with me? Who feels unappreciated once their birthday and Christmas roll around?Family and friends giving you crap or nothing but still expect you to go all out for theirs?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with you - it doesn't have to be much for me - just recognize me!! I work hard and I give generously - so stop making me feel like I'm being used.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• In this economy, I wouldn't take it personally. A happy b-day would be enough for me.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think its the thought that counts, teiing me "Happy Birthday" or making me sonething makes me happy.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• LOL! I agree with you on some points. The only time of year I do feel appreciated is my birthday, Christmas or Mother's day!
    I hope you get all that you wish for for Christmas and more!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Butterfly your love language is gifts. You feel more loved when people give you things. Don't feel bad about it. I am gifts and acts of service. I like for people to buy things for me and do things for me....lol
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm guessing maybe a birthday just rolled around? I don't think a card is too much to ask....it's not the "level" of the gift, but rather the simple recognition that that is a special day. Everyone should celebrate the day we were born!!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't necessarily need gifts, but the appreciation and that stuff is nice. Having someone do something nice for you on your birthday and Christmas is not too much to ask.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i kinda feel that way with the cake...not so much presents...but i take the time to make a personalized cake for every member of my family....but on my birthday it's "I can't bake, can I just buy you one?" if you have to ask, don't even bother buying me one......and if they don't ask and just go buy me one...it's a mccain's frozen one ! geeez ! (who can't put eggs and oil in a cake mix, beat and bake? it would even be cheaper ! )
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Honestly, I don't feel the same way.... I mean, it's nice to get something, don't get me wrong. But at this point in my life, I just don't expect it. Especially not for my birthday. It's not like I'm still throwing huge parties for that, know what I mean? For Christmas, we focus on our kids. We get each other one present (usually with a limit of about $50), and that's it. I'm okay with it. I don't need the presents to feel appreciated...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• . Its time for momma to get for once! LOVE UR QOUTE SYING HAPPY B-DAY AND MERRY X-,AS IS NICE AND I SO LOVE THAT BUT SOME $ AND GIFTS SHOW ME THAT ALL I DID FOR YOUR REALLY DOSENT GO UN NOTICED
    chanchan522

Answer by chanchan522 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010