2 and a half yr old and potty training

I cannot seem to get my son to get potty trained, I have tried about every trick in the book with no luck still. He has went pee once in the potty. That's it. He will take off pants and diaper and sit on the potty but will not use it. Weird to me. First time potty training though. I also have a 6 month old daughter and now 5 weeks pregnant. Advice on potty training boys would be awesome! thanks!!

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does he respond to rewards? Does it bother him if he wets or dirties himself? When I first tried with my son (at a little over 2 and a half), he could care less about rewards (M&Ms, stickers, small toys) and would happily sit in his own puddle. Everyone told me that maybe he wasn't ready, so we gave it a break for a few weeks. When we tried again, he was much more receptive to praise and rewards, so things finally started clicking. Could you maybe take a break and try again in a month?
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 6:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• ill try the break, and restart in a month :) thank you
    shorty_18

Comment by shorty_18 (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2010