Feel Guilty ?

i feel guilty for both my son and daughter for getting pregnant again. My son is 2 1/2 and daughter is 6 months old... Is this a normal feeling? I just found out that im pregnant. I just have sooo many emotions rushing through my head... anyone else feel this way?

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's pretty natural... You feel guilty because you know the new baby will take time away from your other kids. I'm currently pregnant with my second, and I feel the same way sometimes. I'm trying to involve him as much as possible from the start, having him talk to his brother in my belly, telling him he's going to be a great big brother etc. Once the baby is born, I'll try to involve him too, getting him to get me diapers etc. And I'm going to do my best to carve out special time JUST with him. We'll see how it goes, but yes, I think emotions like that are pretty normal.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Was it a planned pregnancy? If so, why feel guilty about it. It's something that you and your partner (SO, Husband.. whatever...lol) planned together and wanted. It's an addition to you family that was wanted , and you were prepared to have. Be happy and joyous that you are extending and adding to your family like you wanted and planned to do.. I'm sure your children will welcome a new sibling with open arms and love. :-)

Congrats!!
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It is normal to have emotions. I'm sorry if you don't think you are prepared. Surprisingly, we make it through and these rough times make us stronger. It will get easier. I have an 8, 10 and 12 year old. It was rough when they were younger. But i wouldn't change a thing now. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• this pregnancy was a surprise :)
    shorty_18

Comment by shorty_18 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Even if it were a suprise .. It's still a happy surpise..........right.?

Surprise or planned.. As a mother. You will find a way to share love, joy, fun, ect.. With a new addition. None of your children will lack of those things. A mother's love and ability to give is infinite. It truly is. Another child, just adds to that infinite love. So, still no reason to feel any form of guilt. Your childern will love and welcome a new sibling. They are young still, they're not old enough yet to have developed sibling issues like resentments, feelings of being left out, feelings of one being preferred (even when they aren't..lol).etc. The new sibling will be a part of their life that has always been there. Being so close in age, it's easier to "accept" a new siblings (in some ways) than it is if there are years (and years..lol) seperating them.

Be happy. Revel in the joy of a new addition to the family as a family. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I wouldnt feel guilty but I would worry about how it is going to affect my time with my other 2 children when the baby is born and how they will feel about it, that is why I have invested in birth control for myself so I will not have to worry about such things lol
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• PjsMommy06- I was on Birth Control, and to the rest thank you! I know i will grow more excited as time passes :)
    shorty_18

Comment by shorty_18 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010