my 4 year old asked me to marry him when he gets older! what am i supposed to say to him other than the obvious "oh thats sweet hunny thank you"?

my 4 year old told me hes mad at his dad for having a girlfriend when he is still married to me,after he said that, he proceeds to tell me that its not fair! then he asked me to marry him when he gets older!

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's a phase that pretty much all children go through. I would go into the specifics (Freud all that other psycho babble), but I have a headache lol. I would tell him that you think it's wonderful that he loves you so much, but there's a special girl waiting for him that he hasn't met yet, so you couldn't possibly take him away from her.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• =).. thats adorable! Some kids are like that.. he just loves you very much!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My son has an elaborate plan for our wedding that we will have when he is "bigger" He has a location and cake all picked out.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• hahah.. that is too sweet...!! I DO!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thank u all for your comments...im just afraid if i were to say "hunny thats not possible" it would break his little heart and i dont want to do that...thats why i asked...
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Just tell him he doesn't need to marry you, because you're always gonna be there anyway!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My son has asked me that to and I let him down gently. I told him we could never be married because I am his family but I'd always love him and be there for him no matter what:) He's a sweetie.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• ive read stories of people actually doing marriage ceremonies with their kids.. its all for fun. he will grow up & not want to marry you. so i dont see a reason in "letting him down"..
    why dont u bake a cute cake one day. let him profess his love for his mommy & you tell him how much u love him. seal it with a mommy kiss... fake ring is great or you could use a ring u have for the special memory & it would make for GREAT jokes when he gets his first girlfriend.. or wife..
    i dont think ur going to screw him up at all... lol...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010