Boyfriend after Marriage

I had gotten a divorce10 months ago. I am now dating My Boyfriend we have been seeing eachother for about 4 or 5 months now. My ex husband had gotten arrested for domestic violence a few times,.... and i am just always uneasy. I always say sorry even if I don't do anything. How do I learn to trust myself in a relationship and be able to heal from what i've been through and learn to be happy again? My boyfriend is an amazing guy. He treats my kids very well. My son adores him. I am just worried i'll ruin my relationship because of my marrieage. Any suggestions?

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I haven't ever been married, but I was in an 8 year relationship with an asshole!! It takes time to get over all that stuff.. just explain to your new bf the situation.. Good luck
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Everything takes time. I got divorced in Feb. 2007, met my SO shortly after and I've recently started to let go of the past and realized how happy I can be with things now. Just know that your BF is not your Ex and focus on what makes you happy.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Maybe counseling. I was sexually abused as a child. I received counseling prior to us getting married. i just didn't have much trust for males at all. It helped me alot. If cost is an issue, you can get it cheap or sometimes free. Good luck
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• oh boy, does this bring back memories ! I said sorry constantly ! lol I think for me, I was conscientious of it, like you are obviously, and eventually it just all came together......I did tell my new man what I had been through so he understood, but then i felt like I REALLY had to watch him because he might take advantage of me knowing what I had been previously willing to accept....so then i started pulling 'heavies" letting him know I wasn't going to take any crap....and he wasn't even giving me any, lol....i admit it was a vicious circle for a while, but i got through it....and i'm in a great relationship with that same guy 4 1/2 years later ! You'll grow in this relationship in some way....if it's meant to be he'll stick through it with ya !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010