What do you do when someone doesn't agree with you?

In real life & on the net, how do you handle it when someone doesn't agree with you? Do you yell at them? Call them names? Ignore them? Have a fist fight? Does it matter if you know them personally...like do you talk different to someone you know in real life vs. someone you know on the net? Should you really care that much what a person you never met thinks of what you do? And aren't you allowing the possibility of disagreement just by posting stuff on the net in the first place? If you dont want someone to disagree with you then why ask a "question"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with ponder on mental health. I don't mind someone to disagree. I only get botherd when someone does not understand what you are saying and starts bashing. So you explain yourself again and they continue to twist your words for there own amusement.Still they keep bashing. It is as they are reading their own language and twisting comments so they can feel some type of authority.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 4:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Depends on the topic.. Some things I feel very strongly about so I will argue my butt off.. Others, I'll just let it go.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I listen, respect their opinion, and then agree to disagree. Why should I be mad at someone who does not view things exactly the way I do? Some people just like to think that they're right. I think it's sad that they let other people's opinion affect them so much.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm a diplomat. Always have been. Probably always will be. So, I try to understand where how they came to their perspective and try to find something in it that I can agree with, without sacrificing my integrity. And then I try to find a common ground for us both to stand on. This has been working quite well for me for a long time.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 2:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• it doesn't matter if someone agrees with me or not as long as they give my opinion the same respect i give theirs. Everyone has their opinion and that doesn't make theirs or mine the correct one for a third party who may be asking advise. What may be right for one person may not make it right for another and is not worth getting bent out of shape over
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I see people get all bent out of shape on here even when someone nicely disagrees with them. I've been called "dumb" "idiot" that sort of thing because I asked a simple question to try to help me clarify the situation presented. Of course this is a select few but still makes me wonder about some people's mental health. And makes me wonder..do they act like that in real life?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I respect the fact that they have a different opinion. I merely tell them why I believe what I believe....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 5:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010