Help me

My son is 2 years old just will not sleep he just cries and cries all the time it goes on for hours and he will scream at the top of his lungs and this is worse then a new born I really don't know why or what to do i have tried so much stuff even laying in his bed with him it does not help i am so so tired and stressed out and does not help that its just me and the kids my husband is deployed but i need to find a way for him to sleep

musslove2803

Asked by musslove2803 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't try to make him sleep, but don't reward him for not sleeping. Let him get out of bed but no tv or toys.
    Anonymous

• Is he on a strict, consistent bedtime routine? Maybe start geting him prepared after dinner where you go over the routine with him so he knows exactly what's going to happen. "First we will get our jammies on, 2nd we will brush your teeth, 3rd we will read 2 stories, 4th we wil turn the nightlight on, 5th mommy will kiss you goodnight, 6th you will close your eyes and go to sleep, 6th you will wake up happy in the morning ready for a fun & exciting day! " Maybe do this every night so he knows your expectations and feels secure with bedtime. Just an idea. ;-) GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i let my lil one take a toy or stuff animla to bed with her..mabe he needs a night light close to him..they start egtting scared of things at this age
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010