are there any moms out there who hav extremely sensitive kids when it comes to animals,bugs,etc.?

my son and i were at the park about 2-3 months ago and he accidently stepped on a moth while running...i thought it was a butterfly so i picked it up and he asked what i had in my hand and i told him...he said is it dead mommy? and i just looked at him and he instantly started bustin out crying...he has a soft heart when it comes to animals,bugs,etc...it got worse after he 2 week old baby sister died in 2007

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Awww. My Daughter is 3 and she is really sensitive as well. If she sees any animal hurt or on the side of the road it tears her up. But, with your son, I assume that his sensitivity stems from the death of his sister. Hang in there...this would completely break my heart.
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 4:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have a 6 yr old son and up until age 4 or 5 he was very sensitive and afraid of every little thing. As he matured he got over it slowly and
    now he is 6 and is not a bit afraid of anything. It just takes time for them to over come fears
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• the thing is he isnt scared of it...its the fact that the living creature is now dead...i love that he is so caring when it comes to that kind of thing but the other day he cried because he smashed an ant by accident...im afraid its going to affect him later on in life
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss.

My daughter has a fear of dogs and bugs, not the same as what you are dealing with.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thank u for your comment...it has been 3 years and it still hurts like it was yesterday....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010