My son is turning one,what do I do?

I am changing his formula to milk and he has been a little constipated from it,so what to do? also what other things can he have now?eggs?chocolate?what are the things he still cant have? and is he getting what he needs from milk like he did with formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started both my boys on solids at 6 mos. I think it is a matter of trial and error with your son. Watch for reactions to anything he eats. Keep things cut up very small. Let up on the milk since he is constipated and give him a little bit of apple juice to counter it.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 4:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My daughter was 5months old when she was licking on a piece of chocolate for the first time. LOL :P

Dont give him too much eggs. Or better said: no eggs at all, since he is constipated already.

My daughter is on straight solid foods since she is 11months old. BUT until a couple weeks ago (she is 16months now), she got a small bottle of formula every day. Because some days she just didnt eat very good. (not much).

You can give your child whatever you feel like cooking for him. No fish though. Not if there are bones in it. My daughter always loved fishsticks with mashed potatoes. (only the fishmeat, not the crunchy stuff!).

and no, he doesnt get everything he needs from the milk, like he did from formula. its up to you know. you need to feed him healthy. veggies, fruits, ect. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Talk to your doctor, just call they can answer questions over the phone.
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 5:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i think it depends on your child. my daughter cant have nuts, eggs, milk, wheat, citrus fruits, and soy. she has food allergies. =( she had blood tests done cause she always broke out in a rash and we didnt know what from, and the results came back and the doctor told me what she couldnt have... it sucks... but i think you should ask your childs pediatricitian on what to do. they would have a better answer for you. =D
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 6:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I switched my son to the toddler formulas to make sure he is getting the things he needs. I wouldn't rush too much with milk and everything. Take yoru time with it. And he doesn't need alot a day. It shoudl be like juice, good in moderation
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 9:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008