learning

what is easier to learn knitting or crocheting

gianna530

Asked by gianna530 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It depends. I know both, and both are easy to learn, but very different.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I've tried to learn both with limited success but for me I found knitting easier. My mother can't knit to save her life but it an amazing crocheter. I finally just admited defeat and that my area was dying things and iron ons or paint and wood. I want to learn to sew though. Eventually.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i gree with ballewal. one might come easier than the other
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I learned to knit first, and then only recently learned to crochet I find I can make more things with crocheting then with knitting.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 10:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you have someone to help you, both are easy. Especially if your 'teacher' has the same dominant hand (my mom/teacher and I are both lefties).

I also learned to knit first, and found it easier to pick up than crocheting. I started to crochet shortly thereafter (as a kid). As pbilotti suggests, once you know how to crochet, I think you can more easily be creative with it. I crocheted a hand-puppet with scrap yarns and no pattern when I was around 8. Shaping a sphere for the head is pretty advanced for a knitter, but with only knowing single and double crochet at the time, it was a piece of cake. Good Luck! :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• crochet is easy for me. I can't read them patterns that good so I make it up as I go and it turn out ok
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• since i am a crocheter i would say that its easier but knitting uses two needles so it may be faster
    KheiyahIsLife

Answer by KheiyahIsLife at 9:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010