Laundry

What kind of laundry soap/detergent and additives do you use?

ballewal

Asked by ballewal at 3:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Arm and Hammer powder, and don't laugh - a lot of times I make my own.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I use ALL free n clear HE for my kids stuff (have one that is allergic to things so I just wash everyone's stuff in it so I dont have to separate hers out.) Other stuff I use Purex HE. I have a front loader. I also use scent free downy fabric softener on everything. Once in a while I bleach some socks. Not all the time because it deteriorates them faster. And lastly, I use Oxy clean spray stain remover if its something really bad that I think might not come out.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The cheapest
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I use a touch of All Free and Clear along with Oxyclean. I put 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the softener ball for the rinse cycle instead of softener. For whites (diapers, socks, and hubs' white cotton T's, towels), I skip the All f&c. I have found that the more detergent and additives I add, the more laundry problems I get. Now, my laundry doesn't get swampy if I forget it in the washer for a day, my towels are way more absorbent, and my hubs says his shirts wick sweat away much better when he's working and are way more comfortable.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 3:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• ERA
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My hubby is particular.. We use Tide, Woolite, and Bounce Dryer Sheets. When he is deployed~ I use the cheapest (usually Purex)... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I used to be a diehard Gain fan, but was broke one day so decided to try the generic Walmart liquid detergent in mandarin orange. OMG it smells good. It cleans just as good as Gain, and is 1/3rd the cost. I won't be buying Gain again unless I get a coupon to make it worth it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2010