Difficult?

Was it difficult for you (and the child's father) to pick a name? Did you have any arguments about it?

ballewal

Asked by ballewal at 3:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Baby Names

• No eventually we would agree.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Three children, not really. First one he didn't like the name I was leaning towards, so it became the middle name. Second one he liked when I suggested it and the third one I didn't give him a choice - ha ha! He actually wasn't fond of it, but now I think he really loves it. And it's not like he's not vocal and opinionated, he certainly has an opinion about EVERYTHING - he's Italian.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My husband picked out first son's name. It was not my favorite. We didn't fight, I just gave in and now I can't imagine anything else. I don't even remember what name I wanted. Our other 2 were my choices, but we agreed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Not at all. I always knew I would name my children after my grandparents.  My ex didn't have a problem with it.  That's probably the only thing we didn't have a problem with.  :)

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 4:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Not at all, I picked the name and the father dealt with it. He wasn't in the picture so he didn't get a say in the name.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• A tiny bit. We both wanted the name Jack(son), but then I started having doubts. I kept suggesting other names and he was not having it, until my mom suggested Cooper and I loved and he liked it. So, that was good enough. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Not really. I've known what I wanted my first daughter's name to be since I was in high school and thankfully I married a man that loves the name as much as I do. We did have some issues with boy names just in case our first was a boy. He hated the name I liked and I hated the names he liked. We finally found a name online that we both liked and we compromised. There was never any arguing. Our next child will be named after a few of our deceased loved ones.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Plus, I want to add...I suggested giving my son my husband's late dad's first name as a middle name, so that made my husband happy.
    LovingSAHMommy