Where's my school spirit?

So my kids are all in high school and the school football team is in the playoffs, undefeated. And right now I'm hoping and wishing that they would lose. It's like everything else in the whole district stops during football season. The swimming season starts in less than 2 weeks and we still don't have a head coach and the athletic director is acting like it's no big deal. Of course not! It's still football season! So I think I'll go to the playoff game on Friday - and root for the other team!!!

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 3:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in

• Aww... Would your kids take personally, though? Or are they as fed up with that crap as you are? Sounds exactly like my old high school. We were good at football, and football was everything. It was obnoxious, but I think it would have sucked if my parents sat on the other side. Annoying as it was, it was fun to join the mob, be a part of something big, and scream until my vocal chords shredded. lol! A newspaper editorial might be a good place to air your concerns, and find public support for the swimming program.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 3:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I feel your frustration but don't root for the other team. Football is so big that nothing can compete with it. Good luck to your school.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

Next question in
Is a college degree really worth it?

Next question overall (Health)
taking it in