Is it common?

I've struggled horribly with morning sickness with both of my pregnancies (my first and now this one)...and while I understand that each time is different, I just don't really feel like I should be feeling like this. The past couple of days I've started feeling weak, and dizzy (like I can't carry myself when I stand up), and just standing to fill a cup of water at th fridge makes me feel weak to the point I need to sit down right away. Should I b pushing to see the doc immediately or should I just ride it out until next week when my doc appointment is scheduled?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like your iron levels are low. Have you been taking your prenatal vitamins like you are supposed to?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would go to the doctor. I wouldn't wait for your appointment. Or you could call them and see what they recommend.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You are right every pregnancy is different and some people suffer from morning sickness more severly than others. Not to worry you but if you have any doubt see a doctor. Better safe than sorry.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would wait. My last pregnancy I felt like I had the flu for 4 months. It was awful to stand.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Its probably just from being sick. You know when you have a cold for a few days. After it's gone it takes a while to get your energy back.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was the same way and went to the ER and they said that i was fine just needed to eat, even if it don't stay down all day 30 minutes is good cuz Ur body can adsorb the nutrients.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 3:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You know your body, and if you are not feeling right, call your doctor.  That's what  he/she is there for.  If nothing else, it will ease your mind, if not your symptoms.  Good luck with number 2.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 3:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would try calling your doc to see what they say. They may move up your appointment, or send you to the lab to measure your iron levels. Make sure you're eating frequently (small, frequent meals are important in pregnancy), you're drinking enough water and you're taking your prenatals.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• sounds like low iron, i had that a few weeks ago, the doc told me to take an iron tablet twice a day to help and to eat foods rich in iron. you should call the doc anyway just to be safe. you don't want to fall while feeling like that and hurting yourself or the baby. good luck
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I was like that for about 6 weeks.Im just now getting over it.I hope you start feeling better.My doc prescribed meds that helped alittle.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010