Do you consider Sunday night a school night?

My 16 yo dd wants to go out with her boyfriend tonight and I said that since tonight is Sunday and it is the night before school starts again for this week that she could not go. Give me your opinions ladies...both my dd and I are curious how you feel.

my4kids274

Asked by my4kids274 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• if there is school tomorrow, it's a school note. same as if you had Friday off, Thrusday woudln't be a school nite that week. maybe she can go on an early date and be home by 8.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i definitely consider it a school night, same way that friday night is NOT a school night.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• if they have school the next day, it's a school night imo
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Every day is a school day here.... we homeschool.....(lol; I really don't view it that way, but my kid don't have to worry about getting up for school the next day)

When we did send them to PS (public school) then yes it was; after all they had their 2 nights: Friday Night and Saturday Night! Also Growing up my folk consider Sunday Night a school night; and Friday and Saturday Night NON-school nights.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• A school night is any night the night before a school day. Sunday is a school night if Monday is a school day. We do not allow our daughter to be out after 9 p.m. ish on a school night unless it is something special or related to a school activities. Even if she can make it the next day, old mom can't!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yep, its a school night.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If there is school the next day it's a school night! It's funny what kids will try isn't it?
    Smokie4Pooker

Answer by Smokie4Pooker at 5:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yep Yep its a school night . We have two difrent curfew in out house one for the school night and one for the weekend maybe you should try that.
    Mother-of-4

Answer by Mother-of-4 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Sunday is a school night and as such such school night rules would follow
    Medcod

Answer by Medcod at 6:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• While it is a technical school night I say let her go out but give a modest return time such as 9 or 10 pm Is she a good girl? Do you like the BF? Are they trustworthy??? Show them the respect that they have earned for a special time!!! Once a teen-age girl...Julie
    Oh, and daughter make sure you continue to earn the respect of your parents so they don't have a challenge when you ask for a few priviledges...Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2008