Placenta Previa in later pregnancy. Lots of qs!

Im having another u/s on Friday when I will be 27wks 6 days. I have partial placenta previa and am still spotting though have not had a heavy bleed for a month, but my guess is that the placenta hasn't moved otherwise I would not still be spotting right?

My first question is has anyone had any experiences of it moving in later pregnancy? Or is there a cut off point where it just won't move? Or is there always a chance?

And if your dr scheduled your c-section because of PP, How far along were u when they scheduled it? and how many weeks were you when you delivered? Were there any complications? Did they do the c-sec when you went into labour or did they do it before?

little.knickers

Asked by little.knickers at 3:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They told me I had it with a routine ultrasound at 18 weeks, I never had any bleeding though. They checked again on it at 16 weeks it still had not changed, so then again at 30 weeks they checked and it was back to normal! :) The placenta has until the end of pregancy to get to normal (basically at 38 weeks). Don't stress out about it, I'm pretty sure it will get back to normal for you, it just takes longer for some women, good luck and hope everything goes okay for you!
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The most "movement" will happen after 28 weeks. I would definitely have your care provider do another U/S after 36+ weeks. With a partial previa you have a very good chance of having a normal vaginal delivery! I would definitely not schedule a c-section until you know for sure what is going on. At this point, no one can make that decision.

I had complete previa during one of my pregnancies and it resolved by 32 weeks.

Good Luck momma! Stay positive.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010