Would you buy buy buy?

We don´t have everything in our home yet. Long story short, we lost EVERYTHING, so last year we had to start from scratch. The only thing (that is quality stuff, like everything we had) is our bedroom set, which we finish paying off this month. I have some cash, not a lot, but I dont know if I should buy or save it. I am a sahm, and hubby makes a pretty decent living for us, but obviously not enough to buy all our furniture right away. My questions is, do I save it or buy things that we obviously need.? What would you do?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If you have the necessities, even if they're not ideal but you have something, save - save until you can buy something ideal but still have enough left saved for emergencies. Keep saving, and buy something else that's ideal.
    Anonymous

• I would start buying slowly. Check online sales, in-store sales, garage sales, flea markets, etc. Also, Walmart and Target have pretty good home stuff (including furniture..) for cheap.
    Natalies3girls

Answer by Natalies3girls at 3:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would buy slowly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would buy slowly and frequent Goodwill, thrift stores and garage sales.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Buy slowly, shop sales, etc. If you do a mass buy you'll find you don't need/want the stuff in the end. Your needs morph as you acquire stuff and you'll be amazed at the stuff you HAD to have, really is the worst thing for you to get. lol
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 3:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• start slowly with the neccessities. After that little by little.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Depends on what you mean by NEEDS?

Answer by louise2 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would buy slowly and deliberately. Don't rush to the next item - find the PERFECT one for your home and your needs.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 4:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Louise, well, we have the essential, a dining room table and chairs, not the ideal ones, but they are just fine, we have everything we need to cook, we have a computer desk, my son has a bed, not the ideal one, but a bed nonetheless, We have shower curtains, and bathroom furniture (that I just bought) ;).. So, we have the essential, we have one tv.. we don´t have couches yet.. and things like that..
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010