How would you feel/react if your child turned out gay?

Alot of parents have their own opinion on things and I wanted to know yours.. Please do not take this question to heart or think it is judgemental because I am far from it. But the big question and arguments that I heard lately are exactly this. How would you feel/react to it if was your child? Would you treat them different or disown them?

If it were my son I would not care in the least. If he is happy, I am happy. But my husband does not feel the same as me, and it is upsetting.

PjsMommy06

Asked by PjsMommy06 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My love for my children is unconditional and that will never change. Sure they may do things that test that love at times (like nearly put my iphone in the pond!) but it will never ever change. I am 1000% supportive of any type of relationship as long as it is consensual, practicing SAFE sex, and is legal and not abusive in any way. I want my children to lead a happy life, not a lie. I
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 4:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I love my son unconditionally. That wouldn't change if he were gay. I'll love and support him no matter what. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh well. As long as he or she is happy. Luckily my husband feels the same way. I would never want them to be ashamed of who they are or love.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't think you did anything to have it deleted, PjsMommy. I think another poster didn't like the question and got their panties in a twist and reported it.
    Anonymous

• I love my kids unconditionally. I honestly would not care in the slightest if they were gay... I would be glad that they felt able to come to me with it, and would hope that they found loving partners and did not face hate or discrimination because of it. Who they fall in love with would not bother me in the slightest.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• She'd still be the child I raised. Her sexuality is irrelevant.

I'm a bit pissed that the original was deleted. WTF?
    Anonymous

• I went to check it and it wasn't there.. Not sure what happened. Sorry
    PjsMommy06

Comment by PjsMommy06 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Wouldnt doubt it. People get offended over small things, That is why this time I was sure to put that I would not care if it was my child this time to speak my own opinion and view on it also.
    PjsMommy06

Comment by PjsMommy06 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would be kind of a hypocrite if I thought much of it. I'm bisexual, so I really don't care if my child is gay, straight, bisexual, trans-gendered, etc. So long as my child is happy and healthy, I don't care what sex their love interest is.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Love my child unconditionally, like a parent should. As long as my son is in a happy, healthy and respectful relationship, I don't care who it is with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010