How do you or did you.......

Potty train you child for their BM?...My son just turned three and has been trained for potty with no problems at all for a little over a year now....but for some reason for his BM's he will do that in his undies still....I heard about trying to do the no undies while at home thing so that he'll have to use the toilet but wanted to get some other advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Honestly, when I noticed that she was pooping in her pants, I rushed her to the potty and dropped some of it in without her knowing. Then I sat her down like nothing happened. when she got up, I made a HUGE deal that she had pooped in the potty.
    Once she realized that a part of her wasn't going down the drain, she was good to go.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My son potty trained himself. On the pooping part, I always knew when he needed to go. I would take him the bathroom and sit with him to ease his fear.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• remember they use different muscles for bm than they do for peeing. my 3 year old grandson still has accidients. but he hates the way it feels. he is still afrid of a big tiolet. hell sit on it for half a second and hell pee in it but he wont go bm. just give it some time.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• not sure, my girls were BM trained long before pee trained...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• When he made a poopy in his undies, he had to clean it up, as in put it in the potty and then clean what he could out of his underpants. Then, once they were washed, he hated seeing the stains in them. So, we thought together, "How can we fix this?" Hmm, if the poop goes right in the potty, that'd be easier.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010