I feel kinda stupid...really just vent..question for moms who work in restaurant

so i quit my one burger joint job where i would atleast leave with 40-50 dollars on weekdays. I started this new job ( a nicer sit down dine in) and today was my first day and i only made $12..that sucks! I really don't think its gonna be much better than that either...maybe on the weekends but all last week when i was training and following the girl i was training the most she walked out with was $24 (during the weekdays)..i just thought it would be so much better going from burger joint to something nicer. I guess i was wrong...and now i feel stupid. I just hope the weekends really make up for it. Is it this bad everywhere right now?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't get down just from one day. Some days will be better than others. Try to think positive. Good luck
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• it's pretty bad out there. i'm a waitress too. luckily i use the money i make as extra income but it sucks if i don't do well on a certain night. i hope it gets better for you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• yeah, the money i make is just extra..but it still helps out a lot. I do have to pay for my son's orthodontist and i like to buy groceries..and i like to give my dh money now and then just so he has a little extra to go on so that ALL his money isnt just going to bills, ya know
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• good luck! thats a hard job and people dont tip like they used too! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010