Am I too jealous?

I went to see DH at work today. He works in food service and it is just him and one other guy that works there. Or so he told me.
I have seen the other guy before, so I know he does work there, but today I walk in and there is a girl there. She tried to take my order and I told her, no, I need "Jay"
She goes in the back and said "Jay, there is a woman here for you"
He came out and sat with me and our baby and I asked who she was. He said "I dont know"
Me: " I thought it was just you and the guy working here"
Him: "What, do you think I work by myself on his day off?"
Me: "Yeah, because thats what you told me last Sunday when the guy was off, that you were working by yourself. Whats her name?"
Him: "I dont know her name"
Me: "You dont know the name of the person you work with?"
Am I right to be suspicious? She was fugly, BTW, lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Do you normally have jealousy issues? Does he routinely keep things from you? What's the over-all quality of your marriage? Are you making home a place he can't wait to come home to or would he have any reason to dread coming home? The answers to these questions and more would tell me whether or not you have cause for concern.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Continued: He is the manager, so he is in charge of hiring and firing, so that line about not knowing her name set off alarm bells in my mind.
    Anonymous

• You are right to be suspicious. My husband is a restaurant manager and had an affair with a waitress. So I would definately be worried.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry too much...and if you really want to get some information out of him ask him without the suspicious tone (this way he's not defending himself)instead he'll be talking...if you are calm about it and he is still acting defensive...then its kind of odd...I know its too late for that now, but I guess you're just going to have to keep an ear open for anything strange...
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Well he doesn't know her name but hired her okay he obviously lied. I wouldn't be worried about jealousy right now since he has to explain the lie
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 5:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• NannyB.- I never see him. He comes home to get on the computer and sleep. He works from 7 am to 11 pm. I am usually asleep when he gets home and we see eachother for 30 mintues before he goes to work.
    Anonymous

• I might be suspcious too.... I mean, he clearly lied about not knowing her name. Ya never know though, sometimes guys are just being dumb and don't pay attention
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• he is up to no good..but my question is that when you do find out anything...what would you do? would you leave him if he did cheat on you? Most people want to find out but dont' really want to do anything about it.
    Anonymous

• if he lies about it...yes
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• That in and of itself wouldn't red flag me. Is there anything else you find fishy about how he acts? If there is, I'd check up on him closer.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008