Any suggestion on Christmas presents for a 17 yr old boy with Aspergers?

He likes country music,esp REBA and YUGHIO and Bakugan.....he has enough of all that tho,.....need something different.....something he will use and love....I am out of ideas

michelleroberts

Asked by michelleroberts at 4:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• We want to remind everyone involved in this post that community members are expected to contribute constructively to CafeMom Answers. Differing and diverse opinions are welcome, but repeated attacks on a person or their family members are not. They pollute the environment, don’t drive the discussion forward and demonstrate a lack of respect.

Please keep this in mind then next time you post. We’ve made a note of this thread for future reference.

-> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 10:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I gave up on guessing what my kids want. We've decided to get them gift cards, that way they can get whatever they want.

I would guess a gift card, i tunes card or something more in his liking.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Does he like to read? If so maybe you could get him some books about country music, or his favorite performers. Does he have any other interests or things he likes? My 14 yr old has Aspergers and sometimes it can be difficult to find something that would interest him, especially if it does not deal with his current obsession.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i would get him a i pad so he can put his music on there if he has that then a gift card to a place that sells CDs some new covers for the i pad they got all kinds
    jadap024

Answer by jadap024 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Why would aspbergers make a difference? I'd buy the same thing I'd buy any kid that liked that stuff. I agree with the Ipad, or an Mp3 player. Or posters of his favorite singers, or picture books with singers in them, or even DVDs of concerts.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Aspergers makes a difference with some things because he doesn't like things a 17 yr old w/o Aspergers does so YES it does make a little difference! Do you know anyone with Aspergers or Autism??? He's my son so i think I would know better and trust me I would not put him down for having Aspergers. He's the most awesome 17 yr old in the world!!
    michelleroberts

Comment by michelleroberts (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Actually, I'm extremly experienced and educated in the area. And no, when it comes to that stuff it really doesn't make a difference. I think sometimes people focus too much on the condition and forget that the child is still a child and likes a lot of the same things other kids do. Why don't you just try it? And if you know his disability so well, why are you asking us?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Just thought I'd post where you can't hide. I reported your nasty email titled FUCKING BITCH to admin. You really need to get a grip on reality. Nothing I said deserved your screwed up behavior. Get some help.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I dont give a shit!!! you have no right telling me anything about my son and were a rude fucking bitch!!! let em kick me out! all they want is drama around here anyway!!!! I hate people like you! think you know everything!! makes me sick! you don't even know me! all I was asking was a question about my sons christmas and you come back with a smart ass know it all answer,.,,,I hope they do kick me out!!! I hate this freaking web site and am only here for one friend!
    michelleroberts

Comment by michelleroberts (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• and btw I wasn't hiding you idiot! I wanted to make sure you saw it! I will repost it right here if you want me to!!!
    michelleroberts

Comment by michelleroberts (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010