err.. my hubby is being an a-hole.. what would you make of this situation? kind of stuck in the middle.

okay i am babysitting my friend's two kids tonight so she can go out. last week she babysat 2 of my 3 for two days and two nights (picked them up early the third morning) and i gave her forty bucks for it because i know she was being put out to have to watch them for so long, on top of it my 22 month old needed nebulizer treatments every 4-6 hours. plus, she is babysitting them again friday night so we can take our oldest to Mickey's Christmas celebration at Disney.

anyway he thinks she should pay me. before the time i paid her, we always swapped kids for free. neither of us ever had an issue with not being paid. it was like a "you babysit mine, i'll babysit yours" type deal and the only reason i paid her was because we were out of state (taking care of HIS business) for two days! not just overnight. i would feel terrible to ask her for money. both of us are pretty tight on money as it is. what to do? :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Just tell her dh to stay out of it he has nothing to do with the babysitting on either end plus it sounds like you girls have it under control I wish their were more people like you too. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with you. You paid her since it was an extended time that she watched your children.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't ask for money.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You are the one doing the babysitting, right? So tell him until he does it to mind his own business.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sounds like a typical man thing to me. I would tell him why you gave her the money and you didn't expect anything in return and ask what he would do if it was his friend.....he shouldnt tell you what to do with your friends anyway.
    michelleroberts

Answer by michelleroberts at 4:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• tell him to shut it.. not his arrangement and he's only mad because you paid her last time - i say stick with your original arrangement unless YOU plan to pay her also from here on out... see how he'd like that too -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would try to explain it to him in the easiest possible terms & if that doesn't work, make him watch the kids by himself for the same amount of time!
    BlackMouth4

Answer by BlackMouth4 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would tell him to stay out of it, you and her will work it out so that you both are happy. Tell him to worry about his deals with his friends, and that you will worry about yours. Explain it to him just like you explained it here, don't assume he knows because men are generally clueless! Point out all the times you have swapped sitting duties,and explain that when you were gone for two days you kinda pushed the limits of the swapping thing. I wouldn't ask her for any money, I'd tell him to get over it!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would tell him that she and I have a 'swap' system going on for babysitting-- we swap time and not money. I would also explain that when you paid her there were "special circumstances" involved that time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Tell your DH to mind his own business. You two have an agreement.

Answer by louise2 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010