at what age should I get my daughter's ears pierced!

MommyKiko13

Asked by MommyKiko13 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When she's old enough to tell you them she wants them pierced :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was wondering this myself. I have a six month old, and don't really care one way or another whether she has her ears pierced, but was thinking if she's going to do it anyway, do it now and the pain is done.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think that when she is just born. Do they give you that option at the hospital or do you have to take them yourself? I only have a son, so Idk, but I would want it sooner than later.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I thought about getting my DD's done when she was a few months old, but then I decided I wouldn't be able to watch ... so we're waiting until she wants them done.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Well, I wouldn't do it until she's at least old enough to ask for them. But if you want to do it while she's an infant, then I'd do as soon as possible. The younger she is the less likely she is to play with them.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When she is old enough to decide that she wants them and can care for them.

IMO, This is like tattooing your child. You are doing something to their body that they have no choice in that is permanent.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would wait until she's mature and responsible enough to take care of them. My mom allowed me to have my ears pierced at a young age, but I wasn't responsible at that time. They got very infected periodically, and I accidentally tore an earring halfway through my lobe! Now, I have a rediculous torn ear piercing, and one earring sits lower than the other! Its an expensive fix! Wait :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would wait until shes old enough so she can say Yea I want this. What if she never wants this?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When she is old enough to want them done and take care of them on her own.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When she tells you she wants them pierced! That is what my sister did. Her first DD asked to have them pierced when she turned 2yrs. Her 2nd DD never wanted them pierced and still does not have them done at 14yrs.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010