Do I go back on Prozac?

almost 3 months ago I was let go from my job. My dh told me that we will do just fine on his pay check and my unemployment for now. I have 2 children still in HS and I do nothing during the day. I feel down and some days I don't even shower. I feel so ugly saying these things, but I don't know if the prozac will really help, or if I just need to get back to work. I love being home during the day, I especially love being home when the DH and kids get home, but I just have no umpf! Yes, i am overweight, but I have no desire to change that right now...Should I go back on the prozac? I was on 40mg every day and when I was on it, I at least cared about how I looked...Please, no bashing, I feel awefull enough.
Thanks

yellarose

Asked by yellarose at 4:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Health

• I think you should talk to a therapist or someone. Depression sucks and if you don't seek help or get back on your meds, you will be in this rut for a long time. I was there. I spent 5 years with untreated depression. I never want to go back to that place again. If you need someone to talk to, you can add me or message me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would.. it certainly wouldn't hurt at the moment
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• talk to a psychiatrist about why you want to go back on prozac and see what she says.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would talk to a professional. Tough times can make us extremely depressed and you should definately talk to someone.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 5:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Talk to your Dr. Just because you took Protzac before doesn't mean it will be right for you now. It just doesn't always work that way. Either way to me it does sound like medication would help. It's really easy to say "exercise, eat right, sleep well & you'll feel better" But, if you are in a place where you are unmotivated to shower, you'll probably need something to kick start things for you.

Then you can start taking care of yourself better & filling your day in a more meaningful way. or prepare yourself if you'll be going back to work. It is really great that being with your family makes you feel good sometimes people get so depressed even that doesn't help. Hold on to the good feelings you have being with your family.

Also, I would talk with a counselor or your psychiatrist for counseling sessions if she does both. That will help you process the things going like your job loss or anything else.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010