How many times do I have to tell you, I Hate cranberry sauce!!

I love dh, honestly. and I know he's just trying to do something nice. I appreciate it, I honestly do. But I wish he'd listen to me. The poor guy is going out of his way to find a way to make a special sugar-free cranberry sauce. He's also trying to figure out how I can have a homemade pie with out sugar, artificial sweetener or corn syrup. All in time by Thanksgiving. He even wants to find a way to make gluten free / corn free gravy.

The prob? I'm gonna have to make this stuff and why bother? It's only me and I don't care. Why not make a regular dinner for the family? Easy, and no brain work. Ya, so I'm on a special diet cause of health reasons. Give me some white meat chicken or turkey and a plain sweet potato and I'll be happy. I told him it was ok, he won't listen.

Besides I really hate cranberry sauce.

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• aww, be nice and play along, he is just trying to please.

Answer by older at 4:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thats the sweetest thing! I'd play along and maybe help him. Its a good thing a man is being so deeply involved in his wife's health and hes even trying to get other people into it. You may even find a few recipes that are really good and can be used more than just thanksgiving..and as for the craberry sauce just skip it!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Let him feel needed!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 4:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I Hate cranberry sauce too!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Let him try to make the things you WILL eat, but make it clear that you won't be eating any cranberry sauce, so if he wants it, he should make it so it's good for him. You don't need him to feel annoyed that he went to the trouble of making special cranberry sauce for you, and you wouldn't even taste it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• AAWW, that is so nice of him. He just want you to be able to eat what every one else is eating. Let him do it. he is showing you he cares and loves you.

Answer by louise2 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sounds like he thinks he's helping.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010