Sids...

Does anyone know of a baby dying from SIDS that was not vaccinated? I don't want to start a big debate, I'm just curious...

jluvskija

Asked by jluvskija at 5:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• My son died from Sids 11 weeks ago.. He had not had his vaccinations yet. He would have, but hadn't have the chance yet. I don't think it has anything to do with vaccinations, personally.
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I've never heard of any infants that were vaccinated either so, I don't think there really is anything to debate about.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Not vaccinated for SIDS, lol.... vaccinated in GENERAL, for anything
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 5:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I can't answer your question.... but I must say it's a very interesting question and I did a search on Google after reading it.... My husband and I are thinking over the whole vaccination issue at this time and this is an interesting thing to think about =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My husband's little brother died of SIDS at 3 months old (my hubby was 6). He was vaccinated, but it is very unlikely that it had anything to do with it. They have broken some ground on SIDS, and it has been shown to have a link with sleep apnea and whatever systems control body temperature. That's all I know.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• IDK. I've heard of it but don't really know all the particulars about it. As far as the connection between the two, IDK if there is or isn't one.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• They have done research and they are finding more and more about SIDS every day. One thing is it is something in the babies brain that makes the baby stops breathing at night time. Like sleep apnea. I have 3 sons 2 of which were preemies. Both of my younger sons were sent home on an apnea monitor. My 1 year old is still on one. He has apnea of prematurity and he had tried dying on us a couple of times. Thank God for the monitor. They also believe back in May he was trying to do a SIDS thing. SO I had talked to his many docs of course and found out. SIDS stems from sleep apnea.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 6:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I agree - it's been linked to a defect in the brain. You know how you stir and reposition yourself at night? These babies don't. Their brains don't wake them when the oxygen levels drop from being in a bad position.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• SIDS has been killing babies since before Jesus. I doubt any of the babies that died before 1900 were vaccinated! This isn't a new problem.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008