umm do you think this is a good idea?

Going to potty train my daughter she is 2 years old. And we have decided to throw out the pampers and just use big girl panties. And not use anymore pampers day time or night time...am i crazy or do you think this is a good idea?
Do you think she will potty train quicker by us doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my four year old who has been trained for two years still has accidents at night on occasion. it doesnt happen often but sometimes she's too out to get up and go pee. so i definitely would not take the night time diapers away. and like another person said, they are convenient when you have to go somewhere and the child is not fully potty trained yet. reading your latest response, it sounds like she's pretty ready to go panties only during the day. i would just take the diapers away during the day, practice with the potty and keep her in an overnight diaper for a while longer. gl!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would hide them, but I wouldn't throw them away quite yet. Especially for night time.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It is certainly worth a try.

Answer by older at 4:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would agree that pull ups are a waste of time, but I think 2 is early fr bedtime cold turkey. Good Luck!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think that you shouldnt trash the diapers at bedtime..it will just be worse on u cause then ur gonna haveto wake her up peridocally and probaly will have to change alot of bedsheets and such. I dont think its a mtter of weather they are using pull ups or nothing that potty trains them faster..its just amatter of readiness. My son is two..and we've been potty training for 2 months and hes been doing so good now with letting us know when he has to go and going that we think hes ready for underpants. And I think thats key. If they arent telling you anything its useless I think to go turkey. But thats my opinion. Good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• During the day yea but I think night is to early for that. But that is up to you. It does take them longer to learn to control it over night. Good luck
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Don't just throw them out just yet! lol
    I did that with my first child, and it worked like a charm.
    I did it with my second and he poops and pees on my floor, my couch, and everywhere else because he's just not willing yet.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't throw them out but it is worth a try. I did that with my daughter and she had accidents for a week...then she had none...the like 3 weeks later she started having accidents again. So just be prepared that she might not be quite ready. Plus at first...you are going to want the diapers just incase you are going places. Because it don't just happen and there is nothing worse then being somwhere and use up ALL your spare clothes you have with you for her.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't, especially at night. She may not be ready to toilet train. She will NOT train if SHE isn't ready. You might be, but she may not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i know she is willing cause i havent changed a poopie pamper in over a month, she will poopie in the potty , its just a matter of getting her to realize that she has to pee in the potty as well....i wanted to have her poopie under control before we even tried to pee pee train cause i no that tring to poopie train is harder..She is more then willing to go to the potty and i put her in for a nap today without a pamper on ...only had her panties on and she had a 2 hr nap and woke up dry, then called out to me and told me she had to potty...so thats why i was thinking about night time training as well!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010