Homeroom Mom Question

I am my son's homeroom mom. Our family would like to buy gifts for all of the students in my son's class. But I have some concerns about my role as a parent and my role as a homeroom mom.

(1) Do I have to give the gifts from the "school" or can I give them from my son? I would like to give them from my son. I am the one paying for them (not the school) and my son could use the credit. (I don't think he is the most popular kid in the class)

(2) Can I distribute the gifts at the Christmas party (even if they are from us)?

(3) Do I have to buy gifts to give to the kids from the school? Is it appropriate to ask parents to contribute? Am I expected to pitch in if they don't (I have done so for other events)? I am about to ask them for money for the Thanksgiving party, the school's holiday festivities and the Christmas party.

Thanks!

/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• These sound like questions to ask the school, because I'm sure the policies vary.
    Anonymous

• 1. They can be from your son.
    2. Very likely, yes. That's a good place to distribute them.
    3. Not ok to ask others to pay for presents from you.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would ask the school.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2010