Can my fiance's high blood sugar be preventing us to concieve a baby?

My fiance has type II diabetes, he is 36 years old and when we went to see his doctor his blood glucose was almost 400. i was wondering if we get his blood glucose down to where it needs to be, can we concieve a child? and can high blood glucose make it so we cant concieve a child?

cowgirlmom136

Asked by cowgirlmom136 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• hmm I dated someone who type 1 and his glucose affected his sperm count, i am not sure about type 2. good luck to you tho.
    Anonymous

• Diabetes can affect fertility. He should talk to his doctor about any concerns he has. The longer and higher his blood sugars stay elevated, the more damage is being done to his body. Its not just fertility. It's his vision and kidney function, most every function of his body will suffer damage from not being healthy.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 5:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008