Meidical concern or question about DD

My DD has pneumonia again( right lung middle lobe), first time in several months. She is 21 months old. My concern is that she was just in the dr. office at like 8 this morning and sounded better and she does. But my new concern is she does not want to eat or drink. She has the same diaper she has had on since 7am this morning and it is now 4:30pm. It is barely wet. She has not had a BM today either. Would you be calling back the Doctor or let it go a little longer. She is on breathing treatments, antibiotic and steroid.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I would take her to the ER and get her treated. It sounds like she is dehydrated. Try to get her to drink a few ounces every 20 minutes or so. If she will, let her suck on a popsicle.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• SHe needs fluids if you can not get her to drink pedialyte or juice or something ice pops then you need to bring her to the er she needs fluids I would not worry about food or milk just clear fluids
    also--just water is not enough it needs sugar and electrolyets half st juice is perfect
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• try gatorade or pedialite, heck even popsicles - keep her hydrated!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would try to get her drink some things. Even popcicles. THe rule of thumb is 1 wet diaper every 8 hours.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• take her to the er!!!
    tinkerbella3

Answer by tinkerbella3 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Darling, hoping that your DD is doing well. If it were me yes most definitly i would be calling my doctor to let the doctor know what's going on with my child. Maybe just maybe the doctor would want you to come in to see what's going on with your DD.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would try to get her to drink as much as you can, and really watch her closely. If she seems totally out of it and you have NO more wet diapers I would get ot the dr.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• she is dehydrated and babies can fade quickly from dehydration. Yes I would be somewhere getting a second opinion and an IV
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 6:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010