Does it ever confound you how much your kids can eat?

momof2redhedz

Asked by momof2redhedz at 5:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh goodness yes! My son eats like a horse, it amazes me! Im still wondering where the heck it all goes or is he just a bottomless pit lol
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• psh i wish! my kids have such little appetites. the baby eats alot but so did the other two when they were babies, then they turned one and now they eat little bits of everything at mealtimes! my friend's 4 year old eats alot though, like 2-3 slices of pizza once! good lord!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My kids are now 23 and 20 and neither (girl and boy) has ever eaten large portions or all day long. I do have a brother, who is now close to 50, who has always eaten massive amounts, and is as thin as a rail- he inherited my mom's great metabolism. My parents would limit him on his meat servings, but he was free to have has much veggies and carbs as he wished.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It is a running discussion around my playgroup and friends how astonishing it is the amount that my children eat. I have no idea where they put it but they seem to do a pretty good job at putting it somewhere.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My kids don't eat enough and they are both underweight.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• 3 out of 4 of my kids eat like birds but I have a 19 yr old that eats more then a man I swear! that girl can eat!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My oldest eats like a teenager, and he is only 20 months! Yet somehow he is still as skinny as a rail! No, it is more like a hobbit, because he has breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, afternoon time, dinner, and sometimes an after dinner snack! The crazy thing is he has good sized portions too! I truly don't get it.... I wish my metabolism was like that!
    momof2redhedz

Comment by momof2redhedz (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010