pregnant with hip pain and movement question.

Hello. I'm 29 weeks pregnant. The last couple of days I've been having hip pains... When i sleep it's almost unbearable since I have to sleep on my sides. I'll sleep on one side for about an hour or so and wake up to the pain, then have to switch over to my other side. Has anyone else gone through this and did you do anything for th pain? Also The last week or so my baby has been kicking really high.. i've been able to feel him like pushing out right under my ribs, but the last couple days he's been quiet. Today I've felt a few kicks, but really really low.. just right above my private area. I was just wondering what could have caused the change in movement and where it's located? If anyone can help me out I"d appreciate it. Thank you!! :)

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 5:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call a chiropractor, you should be able to find one who works on pregnant women... You should still be able to get things taken care of, unfortunately I know what you're dealing with. My hip is to the point where I have trouble walking some days, but I'm to far along for a chiro at this point, so I have to wait til after the baby is here... Beyond that, you can try heat & if you MUST, talk to your doctor about pain meds...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes, I had a flare up of sciatica (pain that goes from your hips down to your knees) through my 1st and 2nd trimesters. I was pregnant with twins so I completely remember that feeling like they were kicking their way out of my belly in all directions. :) For me going to the doctor for medication (Vicodin - the smallest dose) and a great chiropractor/masseuse was my answer for the hip pain. As for the feeling like they are kicking all over well my best bet is that they are just a little active- which usually is a good sign. They have their active times of the day and sometimes just are active or one day and not the next. Not sure if this helps but good luck you will get through this and all of it will be just a memory with that little one in your arms soon. Blessings.
    mrs.red08

Answer by mrs.red08 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• you can also try a body pillow between your legs at night
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The baby may have dropped or turned in a way that you aren't feeling as much movement, but be careful to monitor it, you don't want to ignore a lack of fetal movement. Your baby is growing fast now and gaining weight like crazy so he is quickly running out of room to move around in, so the fetal movement may feel different. As far as your hip pain....Your body is loosening all the ligaments and tendons down there so you will feel achy, it sucks, but as the other moms said a body pillow can help. If between your legs isn't offering you any support put one or two behind you and roll back a bit, just make sure to slide a little pillow under your belly. Hope this helps.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 11:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Hip pain is one of the most common complaints that bring people to their doctor, according to experts. One of the groups that experience this pain is the pregnant women. Fortunately, hip pain caused by pregnancy will not last long. Actually, for most women, it will go away once the baby is born. Very rarely, hip osteoporosis can develop during pregnancy, doctors say. So, the risky hip replacement surgery is rarely an option for pregnant women. Always stay clear from flawed medical devices such as the DePuy hip replacement system.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2012