She doesn't like real food anymore!

So since Halloween my daughter decided thats all she wants to eat is candy and turned into a picky eater over night! She used to eat whatever was infront of her and now she will only eat junk food.I mean I dont want to ut her to bed hungry she is only 2. :(

LoLLiPoPm0m

Asked by LoLLiPoPm0m at 5:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• well, if she will only eat junk food, get rid of it......eventually she'll go back to eating her meals
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My son tried the "NO, I want candy!" thing for like 3 days after halloween everytime I tried to feed him. So, I just gave all the candy to my husband to take to work with him, then when he said it again, I just said "The candys all gone! You ate it all!" and showed him where the candy used to be, but wasnt anymore. After that he started to actually eat all his food again, lol. GL!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yep hide it, throw it all away...def worked for me as well
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 5:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Kids are amazingly tough little critters. Get rid of the candy or at the least put a limit on it. Keep offering her real food. She won't starve, trust me. That's the hardest part on us mamas. : ) She will eat when she's hungry, especially if no candy is available.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• don't give her candy.. shell be stubborn and throw her fits but don't cave..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• get rid of the candy...she may throw a fit, but she will get back into eating what you make her..
    Don't give in either...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Get rid of the candy and keep offering her foods you know she will eat. Contrary to what some parents think, there are kids that WILL starve if you don't feed them what they like, trust me, I have a kid that will starve.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Don't buy any junk food. Only offer healthy options.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2010