URGENT PLEASE ANSWER ASAP. Contractions!

So, last night I had menstrual cramps. I woke up with a severe pressure in my lower abdomen. About a hour after that I realized I was having contractions. When I finally started to count them they were about 5 minutes apart, lasting about 45 seconds. 2 hours went by and now their timing at 2 minutes apart for 1 minute. However, they aren't strong at all. Should I go to the hospital? Do all people have bad contractions or does it vary person to person. I don't want to go to the hospital just to be sent home. I'm 35 weeks by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yep, go, now
    Anonymous

• Always be safe. Go. Mine started out bad. I only had 2 hours worth of labor, so my advice is always just go.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 5:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have had 4 babies. I have been sent home a lot for going to the hospital too soon. I was told to stay home as long as you can still talk through the contractions. Also try walking around for a while. If the contractions get stronger then you are in real labor. If they stay the same or stop then you are probably just having Braxton Hicks contractions.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Sounds like labor to me! Go NOW!!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 5:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I guarantee if they aren't strong at all, they WILL send you home if you go now!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Real contractions hurt REALLY bad.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If you are able to focus to type this, then you probably don't need to rush there right now, but with contractions that close, you want to head there soon. I know that my midwife didn't think I had hit the final stage of labor because I could still talk, but I talked through the whole pushing process (all 15 minutes of it!)
    When I went into labor, I was worried that my husband wasn't gonna make it home from work in time (his commute at that time was 2 hours or more). Because I was so stressed, my contractions were 1 minute long every 45 minutes. My mom thought I was gonna drop the baby right there! But by the time he got home and we got to the clinic, they had slowed down to every 5 minutes.
    Congrats on your baby!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I'd also say do, at least they can check you and be prepared for a premie if the baby is really coming! Better safe than sorry
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• *GO
    AshJoe05

• Go... I have heard that people have had little or no pain... Its rare... but it could happen. You could be a lucky one :). Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2008