whats the hardest thing you've ever done?

san78

Asked by san78 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Surviving the first year of my twins' life. They cried for hours a day, and hardly anything consoled them, except seemingly the bright lights of the ER. They also had to eat every 2-3 hours until they were a year old, even at night. Our nurse told us that if they cried for three hours or more, to take them in, so we were there often. Add to that finishing college, husband finishing his masters, teaching and working a second job to afford diapers and an on-campus apartment it was really rough.

The single hardest event would be my brother and his partner's murder. It has been 3 months, and the wound is still very raw. I'm sure the trial will be difficult as well.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Buried my son. That's the worse pain I think anyone could ever feel.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Hardest thing I ever had to do was watch my son suffer with 18 brain surgeries and now with U.C complications! It's still not over!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• left an abusive marriage, homeless for 4 months and it was better then being with an abusive person. Almost died having my last child and then having being transferred to another hospital which meant those first 4 days my son was alive I was an hour away at another hospital, foreclosure on the verge of more homelessness but this time in a rural area, I mean where do people go when they live 30 miles from anything?
    Spending the first 10 yrs of my oldest dd's life taking from hospital to hospital always having meetings at school and then finally they decide she has autism then at 16 they bump it down to Aspergers, she is 23 now and is still not willing to admit she has aspergers so she is in denial so while her younger sisters have acheivements she is angry that she isn't able to have any and will probably always live at home and never drive. Her life would be easier if she accepted this
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Build myself from nothing as a single mother, with the mental abuse of work place of bad bosses, low pay, and discrimination against single mothers. Oh yeah, not to forget how other people set me up to take advantage of me (claimed that I was a bad mother to take my child for their own social benefit). The list goes on.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 6:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• give my labrador retriever away to my brother because he was to big for me to take care of im telling you
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was married to an emotionally abusive man, he had custody of his two kids from his first marriage (believe me, he was the lesser of two evils). I loved those boys. I raised them for 10 years. I stayed in that marriage as long as I did for them. But my ex hubby and I had a child, who had autism. When my 4 year old austic son started calling me "f@cking bitch" I realized I had to leave. The hardest thing I have ever done was left those two boys, even though they were 14 and 16 at that time. I often feel like I lost my own children, but i did what I had to do for my son. He needed to be raised out of that type of environment.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh sharell.... I am sooo sorry :( that brought tears to my eyes...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Buried my dad, but it doesn't compare to having to bury your child, Sharell, I am so sorry you had to endure that pain.

Answer by older at 6:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Finally give up on my marriage after years of him cheating on me.I tried to keep it together for my four young children but couldn't do it any longer;(
    momto658

Answer by momto658 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2010