What is secret shopping?

Hello everyone, I see it advertised a lot about making extra cash by being a secret shopper. Is this really lagit and if so how does it work?

caponesmommy

Asked by caponesmommy at 5:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• You go to a store as a regular customer, seeing how the staff treats you.. if the customer service is well or not.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• the PP is right. You basically get paid to shop in a store, but before you go in, the store will ask you to check for specific things like greetings, staff attitude, cleanliness, that sort of thing. Not a bad gig really! I've never done it, but I have a girlfriend that does and, if I'm not mistaking, she gets to keep some of what she buys too!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Dont do it my sister tried it and before ahe even got to go to a store they had charged all these fees to her bank she had to close the account before they took more.
    Anonymous

• If you want a way to make extra cash there are surveys they take forever and a day but they do pay even if it is very little. The secret shopper thing is a scam.
    Heres a good place if your interested in working from home.
    www.themomteam.com/ShariCM
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 7:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I used to do it, but I sought my own assignments. I called then, Famous Barr and Target, spoke to the company's HR dept. and was hired. I shopped both of these stores for about six months, but it was such a hassle.. It's not fun. I had to do business with several different depts, while getting the person's name I did business with. I had to ask different questions and take note of the answers. It didn't pay very well either.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have been doing merchandising and secret shopper for about 3 months now. So far, they all have been good except for one company. They refused to pay me for not getting a name. I put alot of effort into the shop and I am miffed that they didn't pay me at all. I won't do any more for them. I think the one's that ask for money are scams. But I know that most are good.
    emptynestmom456

Answer by emptynestmom456 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I have been doing everything on the computer, and it's legit. You get paid on the 1st and 16th of each month. I have already made $200 and awaiting more. If you join, please let me know, thanks.

http://www.secretshopperwork.com/r/5049
    CookieMom85

Answer by CookieMom85 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 1, 2009