What should I do???

I'm feeling under the weather with a sore throat and achs and pains and the chills I also have a bit of a head ach. Do you think I can take here of this with a home remedy if so what? If not think I should see a doctor?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Health

• I would take nyquil and go to bed and see in the morning
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would buy some cough drops, some nyquil and curl up under your blankets :) Try that for a night see how you feel in the morning, and if you are worse, then call your doc! hope you feel better :)
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Thank You :)
    Darla47

Comment by Darla47 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• For the sore throat, try Gypsy Cold Tea with some honey. That's the BEST thing (IMO) when I'm sick. It nothing else, it's like a hug in a cup when you're feeling lousy.
    A doctor can't do anything, really, other than confirm that yes, you are sick. Unless you develop a fever, they can't give you anything (a fever is a sign of a bacterial infection; viral infections can just run their course).
    Rest, steam showers, humidifier, and more rest, mama! I hope you feel better soon!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you feel really bad see a doctor. sore throats can become bad. But what you can do is wear a scarf, they say warm from the outside cold from the inside. So drink ginger ale and eat sour cream onion chips. Other that than you can goggle water mixed with lots of salt. teats yucky but it helps. Dont drink right after it of course! Or drink honey mixed with lots of salt and lime.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Tylenol & ibuprofen (every 4 hours, every other one - if you take tylenol at 10, take ibu at 2, tyl at 6, and so on). Stay hydrated. REST. A doctor likely won't do anything but say the same thing I already did.
    Anonymous