The oldest child...

Men wonder why we view them as the oldest child, then they do things like this.
DS woke up an hour early today, so I got up with him. DH slept in, per usual. DS and I had mommy group, so after breakfast, we went and did that. During mommy group, I got a few texts from DH asking me to pick up Diet Coke, yogurt, bagels and cream cheese. All his vices that I don't consume. When I don't respond, I get more texts saying, "Hello?" Meanwhile, he slept in, and is sitting in his PJs at home doing nothing, with a car. I, on the other hand, leave mommy group with a very tired and cranky toddler to go to my least favorite store (where they treat us like crap and my complaints have gotten us nowhere) to buy things I don't even want of need (and nothing else). The same DH whined when I asked him to go pay our rent before I had a huge exam, so that I could go study. Why are men such babies?? Okay, rant over. :)

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 6:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Well.... Maybe you should stop accommodating him! If he's at home with nothing to do, and he has a car to get to the store, just refuse to go. Tell him to get his ass off the couch and get it himself... I don't mind doing things for my fiance, but he wouldn't dare tell me to go to the store for him when he KNOWS I'm doing something with our son, and he's sitting around with nothing to do!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Wish I had the answer and a cure for that pain in the ass situation we all have.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Mine is a big baby, because I baby him too much!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Is that really a question? 12 yrs together with gillion of same types of stories. I'm covinced it might change by the time he is in his 70's or 80's by that time he will calling me out from another to come wipe his butt.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 6:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think that some mothers are to blame here. Some moms do everything for their boys & are set in there weird ways where they cook, clean & wash all their son's clothes & practically cradle them in their arms until they're adults....then the boy never learns that he can do things on his own. And when he does do things on his own, it's like pulling teeth!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with samuria chica and Anouck on this subject.

Answer by louise2 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• They are all mommas boy so]very time anything happens to them they are used to being taken care of jerks :P Especially when they're sick! lol I always say I have three sons 1,3 and 33 :D

BJN2in10

Answer by BJN2in10 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i wouldnt do it if i had my son, its too much of a hassle taking him into a store (then again he has autism so that contributes a lot)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree I shouldn't accommodate him. I would never ask him to pick up something at the store if he had our son. I avoid adding stops when I know he has our son, and I wish he would have the foresight to think about that. He's definitely a mama's boy, and he's a home body, so the combination of the two makes it that much worse!
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010