my 15 month old ds

will not eat anything but bread! I've tried everything I have here that I know he likes, but he jsut spits it out. He keeps pointing at the bread and screaming until I give him some. Should I just "wait it out" and keep on with the bread, or keep trying other stuff....idk what to do lol

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try putting peanut butter on it..or a melted slice of cheese...
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 6:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Put the bread out of his site... Call your docs office and ask to speak to the nurse about it, she should be able to answer your questions over the phone and tell you if its worth a visit. It could just be a phase!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 6:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Well I thing that you should try other thing for him to eat and if you see that he won't take it then take him to the dr
    sweetmommy26778

Answer by sweetmommy26778 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• bread offers certain nessentials.. but not all of them.. wait it out when he wont eat something else.. but IMO letting him eat just bread is letting him be the boss... he needs other vitamins and nutrients from other foods too.. it may be a battle, but his health will aspire in the end
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 8:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would give him his plate of food with a fruit, veg, protein, and of course the beloved bread. Put the loaf away and when he undoubtedly eats the bread first and wants more tell him the bread is all gone and he has the rest of his food there, end of story. I would keep at this for a day or so and I am sure he'll eat something else. Maybe provide the favorites, like if he loves hot dog or strawberry or whatever, to make it the most tempting non-bread foods. But then just be casual about no more bread and see what he does. I doubt he'll go hungry, but if he is that stubborn you may need to call the peds office and see what they advise. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thanks for your advice....mary, this has been going on for 2 days and i jsut don't want him to be hungry lol bless his heart, he's so skinny i just want him to eat (skinny imo he's actually a healthy 24lbs, he's just tall)
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010