Numbness in fingers...

I've had this for about a week or so, but last night/today it got progressively got worse. I woke up in the middle of the night having sharp pains in my hand (2 middle fingers) and my arm. It kind of felt like a charlie horse but in my arm. I'm scared it might be pregnancy diabetes. Does anyone know the symtoms?
Is this common in pregnancy? Anyone else have it? What can I do to stop the numbness?
OH and when I eat it seems to make it better....?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 5:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• try having her shoulder like moving them in a circuler motion it helps relieve pressure your muscles like cheast can be overily tight cause that but i would ask your doctor drink more distilled water and call your doc

hugs
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Nah, its not necessarily diabetes. I am not a doctor so I can't tell you that it is or it isn't. I did have the same problem when I was pregnant. It is a form of carpul tunnel and it happens to lots of pregnant women. Tell your OB about it but it probably is not diabetes unless you have other signs or symptoms. I had it for the last 4 months of my pregnancy and I had perfect blood sugars all the way through.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 5:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• That happened to me when I was pregnant, my hands were so numb in the morning and it was painful, I went to the doctor and it was pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. You should go to the ob they gave me braces to wear at night and that really helped.
    mommygirls2

Answer by mommygirls2 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I am a hairdresser and that sounds like carpal tunnel. Try wearing a wrist brace for a couple of days and see if that relieves any discomfort.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• When I was pregnant I had the same problem its carpal tunnel and it scared me also. My doctor had me buy a wrist brace from Target or Walmart which helped. It finally went away about two weeks after I delivered. It was so painful at night but the brace helps so much.
    haveahappyday

Answer by haveahappyday at 12:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I had carpal tunnel with my 2 pregnancies. It went away shortly after having my son. However, now six months after having my daughter, I still have it. I have a feeling that this time, it may not be going away. I just try to take frequent breaks when doing things that involve fine motor skills.
    emeraldjade

Answer by emeraldjade at 8:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2008