What do I do??

I'm very lonely, sad, suicidal, tired of putting on a happy face. I have no one to talk to, I'm fat, and the list goes on..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Health

• Do you have children? That's the first thing you need to remember, is that you are someone's mother.. No matter how miserable you are, you cannot justify willingly taking yourself away from your children. Even if you don't have children, or they are grown, look into a suicide hotline near you, and for god's sakes, call it. They can put you in touch with the help you need. Your problems may have some chemical causes, and you can start on the road to recovery with the help of trained doctors and counselors. The road to improvement can be an uphill trek, but it also can become easier as you go... once you get over the first step. If you truly want help, seek it. It's always there. PM me if you like, and vent as much as you need to. Sometimes that helps as well.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You really need to get some help. Having those thoughts are not good and you should know that. If you have children you may need some extra help with them. BUT the first thing to do is make you healthy in your head. Talk to your hubby about it. You may need anti depressants.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 6:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Been there Mom. Don't give up! Don't give in, fight, fight for your family! If you don't feel like you're worth it, do it for your kids. They are surely worth it. Quit putting on that happy face and tell someone you can trust how depressed you are! Share your burden. You don't have to suffer in silence. You don't have to watch the whole damn happy world go by while you cry inside. There is help. If you're willing, you can go on meds for a short time and they do help! Best wishes to you Mom!!!! I hope you feel better soon.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have been there myself. I was crying day and night. It felt like my husband wasn't understanding me. And I think men don't understand us. I hated to stay at home. I had no one to talk to, my husband doesn't like my side of teh family much, so they weren't visiting too often. Plus he was at work every day. So I totally understand you. But even if you think that nobody loves you, somebody loves you the way you are: Jesus. Also remember if you have children they need their mommy not some skinny, good looking women. They don't understand this concept. If you need to talk let me know, I will be more than happy to talk to you:)
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 9:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You just started on the upward hill by posting here for help. There are plenty of positive people here who can be positive role models for you. No matter whats going on in your life its not the worst. Its just a down time and your faith is being tested. Plenty of moms have been through where youre going through and its not the end of the road. Keep your head up and think positive. Perhaps seek the assistance of a therapist so that you can have someone to talk your problems over with.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 2:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008